Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 July 2012

A good library will never be too neat


“A good library will never be too neat, or too dusty, because somebody will always be in it, taking books off the shelves, and staying up late reading them.” I wish that the editors of Sindh University’s website had gone through those words of Lemony Snicket before showing enormous skills of Photoshop. 
Today, where my day started by receiving shocking texts of my British Colleagues about another corruption Scandal of fake passports for Olympics games, blew my head with the thought that why we are the only nation left to invent all new scandals to disgrace ourselves further more in the eyes of the world. I could not believe that where not only common people but also civil servants fail to receive a prompt passport then how a fake could manage to achieve a passport with fake name and then contacted appropriate people to induct him into an Olympic Squad. . However, it was only the start of the day as Lemony Snicket describes in the series of unfortunate events, that when you start up your day with a bad news, the whole day Karma of bad events haunts you like a ghost. It happened to me when I went through website of my own Institution University of Sindh.
I wonder, about the genius for getting the idea to upload photoshopped photographs of Central Library. This is the institution, which has given great brains to all over the world, who never felt ashamed by wandering around in dusty and windy climate of Jamshoro, where greenery is like a sweet dream due to drought and dry weather. Where river is dry like a widow’s tears, yet the fishmongers sing with pleasure at the edge and thank Allah in all means.
The students of University never felt ashamed on the old buildings or lake of facilities including my own self. I proudly introduce myself as a graduate and post graduate of University of Sindh, which did not gave me ability to show my skills anywhere in the world but I can proudly compete with any student of any great institution of the world rather achieve more good marks. In addition, it is not only me; University of Sindh has a long list of world famous intellectuals, scientists, and philosophers.  When we never cared about the grass or the fake looks of our holy institutes, why the administration is then ridiculing them. Even now, when I visited Pakistan and went to meet my teachers, I felt pride on the passion of the students who were in the classes without any electricity in extreme hot weather of sizzling April.
To promote an institution, it is vital to provide uninterrupted and high quality of education, not the buildings. The authorities should not forget the cruel reality that still none of our educational organisation is truly recognised at any level internationally. We do hard work, we get medals, but when we come abroad, we again repeat only being Pakistanis. Success and respect can come with a peaceful environment, which is perhaps diminishing now a days, as I feel so sorry when read news about boycotts and strikes in the University. The system is as it is as it was 20 years ago, rather more bad and worst. There is daily some incident, or murder or strike, Where native teachers and students are not secure due to political confrontations and melancholic atmosphere, how an international student would risk their lives.
I wish and pray that the authorities shall reconsider and do not make further attempt of tempering to ridicule us further in foreign states. We are proud of our broken buildings and dry lands.  We do not need photo-shopped buildings; we need a great level of educational system, which is possible due to our great teachers, who only need security.

No comments:

Post a Comment